It isn’t too late to file a claim from last year’s storm but you’ll need to act soon.
Have you filed an insurance claim due to hail storm damage to your home as a result of last year’s extraordinary hail storm? Calls flooded our Stillwater, MN office following a horrific hail storm on June 11th, 2017. Minnesota and western Wisconsin residents experienced ping pong sized hail and up to 80mph winds in what was recorded as the 3rd most devastating storm in state history. Homes and cabins were significantly damaged especially in regards to roofing, siding, and decks. Homeowners from all over the metro called BuildTec to assess and repair damages to their home as a result of the hail. With thousands of homes affected billions of dollars in claims were made throughout the Twin Cities metro alone. Unfortunately we know that not everyone has filed a claim. We want to make sure that you’re not missing out on benefits and coverage for damage to your home as a result of this storm. There may be $$$ waiting for you. You just need to ask for it.
Homeowners’ insurance companies typically give a homeowner 12 months to file a claim as a result of storm damage. That leaves you just over a month to file if you’ve been putting it off. If this is you don’t wait any longer as you could miss your opportunity to gain what’s rightfully yours. Here are a few tips for getting back what you deserve from your insurance company.
* Contact a local trusted contractor such as BuildTec to provide an estimate immediately. You need to have an estimate within 12 months of damages.
* Contact your insurance company immediately and familiarize yourself with conditions for filing a claim.
* Compile your pictures of damages from the storm
* Have your insurance adjuster, your contractor, and self meet together in person discuss the hail storm damages. Face to face interactions are valuable and save missed connections in the future.
* If you’ve had an adjuster out and no contractor, make sure you get estimates from both! You can appeal the estimate of the adjuster if a professional contractor finds otherwise!
* Let us do the dirty work for you. We are experts in storm damage and have been through this hundreds of times!
Insurance companies can often times be tricky to work with. Most will send out an adjuster to assess the damages and present you with an offer of compensation. We know that often times this isn’t sufficient for the scope of work that needs to be done. As experts in construction we are best at peeling back the layers and giving a complete, accurate, and comprehensive assessment of storm damage. If you feel as though the insurance adjuster has provided an inadequate assessment you can also hire an independent adjuster to present their assessment to your insurance company. This is part of a normal and standard practice that is often times overlooked. Other times an insurance company will recommend a general contractor to the homeowner. This also is a slippery slope as these contractors are, many times, first loyal to the insurance company and do not have the homeowners best interest at hand. Your home is more important than subpar standards that incentivized contractors provide. We always recommend that you use a local general contractor for your hail storm repairs. BuildTec will be loyal to you and accessible for all of your questions, concerns, and correspondence between homeowner and insurance company. We provide premium quality work, always.
Do not wait any longer to file your insurance claim due to hail damage. Call BuildTec today to provide a
free quote. Interesting map of hail damage last year at http://www.stormersite.com/hail_reports/stillwater_minnesota/2017